AIR+ Membrane Diffusers are used for aeration of water and wastewater.
When air is injected into the diffuser, the rubber membrane lifts off the plastic support base, resulting in thousands of holes opening and releasing air.
The circular membrane diffusers provide a high level of oxygen transfer into water & wastewater, with a uniform, controlled air bubble size. This aids management of dissolved oxygen levels in natural waters, in wastewater to minimise odour, in aerobic biological treatment processes and in aquaculture.
The AIR+ Membrane Diffusers may be used for many types of aeration applications including
• small, domestic aerated wastewater treatment systems (AWTS)
• industrial wastewater treatment plants
• municipal wastewater treatment plants
• wastewater lagoons
• lakes & rivers
• aquaculture and fish ponds
The flat, large diameter design offers the following benefits
• High oxygen transfer efficiencies
• Low cost, easy to install.
• Rubber EPDM membrane ensures long service life
• Effective over a wide range of air flows.
• Pores in the rubber diaphragm close when the air supply is removed.
This prevents the diffuser pores from becoming clogged.
• Thousands of pores emit streams of fine bubbles.
Bubble size is approx. 1-3 mm in diameter
• Low pressure drop of 4 kPa.
• Even air distribution over the full range of air flows.